|Organisation Name||The Kids’ Cancer Project|
|Date Posted||October 8, 2018|
- “Your child has cancer” – in Australia, 3 families hear these words everyday
- Raise funds for innovative research to help children with cancer
- Would suit candidates with NFP or commercial BDM and relationship skills
The Kids’ Cancer Project is one of the largest funders of childhood cancer research in Australia. Since 1993, with strong community support, The Kids’ Cancer Project has been able to contribute tens of millions of dollars to scientific studies to help children with many types of cancer.
The organisation is now embarking on a new 5 year strategic plan which includes ambitious goals to significantly increase revenue streams and income to support bold science to improve childhood cancer treatments. The Kids’ Cancer Project’s vision is to see a one hundred per cent survival rate for children with cancer while eradicating the harmful impacts treatment can bring.
Benefits & Culture
• Access to generous not for profit salary packaging
• Flexible working arrangements
• Professional development opportunities
• Passionate team who love their work
• Close to public transport
• Based in the new upcoming Rosebery area of cafés, dining and fashion outlets
Reporting to the Community Engagement Manager, you will coordinate community participation in events and initiatives to achieve fundraising targets and grow income and support of The Kids’ Cancer Project. Specifically you will:
• Maintain relationships with existing community fundraisers and inspire them to reach fundraising goals
• Seek and nurture relationships with potential community fundraisers
• Work collaboratively with the marketing, communications and partnerships teams in promoting events, recognising participants and identifying opportunities to engage new partnerships and sponsors
• Manage all community fundraising enquiries and oversee administrative requirements and agreements
• Manage income and expenditure budgets
• Manage the planning, administration, promotion and execution of key events including City 2 Surf, Bondi to Bronte Ocean Swim, SMH Half Marathon, Fitz’s Challenge and Lose Your Locks, including managing relationships with event providers
You have business development, event or community fundraising experience creating and delivering innovative activities and events. Together with a track record in managing supporters, volunteers or customers, you have experience in stakeholder relationship management including nurturing and building advocacy and support. Additionally you will have:
• Demonstrated ability to meet income targets and manage multiple events, projects and deadlines
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite and experience working with a CRM database
• A flexible approach to coordinating and attending events outside of normal working hours
• Current Driver’s Licence
If you’re eager to use your community, event or customer engagement skills to benefit the health and wellbeing of children with cancer, please apply by sending your resume together with a cover letter responding to the skills required, in MS Word format, quoting reference # 34588 or contact Louise Furlong on 02 8243 0570.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.