|Organisation Name||Australian Muslim Women's Centre for Human Rights|
|Date Posted||May 19, 2018|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- Non-religious organisation advancing the rights of Muslim women in Australia
- Diverse role, managing the operations and a highly qualified and engaged team
- Problem solve and maximise the performance of this high impact organisation
The Australian Muslim Women’s Centre for Human Rights (AMWCHR) is an organisation of Muslim women working to advance the rights and status of Muslim women in Australia. They believe that Muslim women must be the impetus for change in their status as citizens. The diversity of Muslim communities in Australia means that there is insufficient consensus on critical issues related to the status of Muslim women in Islam. Therefore, they are a non-religious organisation.
AMWCHR provide practical resources for women that improve their lives in tangible and measurable ways. They work with individuals and groups, managing casework, outreach, advocacy, policy and community based programs and service delivery. They also work on partnership projects and in collaboration with other service providers to build capacity.
You will work collaboratively with the CEO to deliver the strategic priorities and ensure the smooth running of the day to day operations including; finance, systems, program planning, maintenance, administration and risk management.
You will also provide support and guidance to the team and represent AMWCH to a range of diverse stakeholders including representing them in committees.
Specifically you will;
- Have oversight of the delivery, monitoring and review of organisational activities
- Improve the capacity to develop and deliver programs, services and projects
- Ensure that internal policies, procedures and structures support optimal performance
- Identify opportunities, write funding submissions and report to funding bodies
- Manage relationships with stakeholders across the sector to best position AMWCH
- Problem solve and foster a team orientated culture that maintains staff morale
This role would suite an experienced Operations Manager with aligning values. You will understand the contemporary issues for Muslim communities and will have a demonstrated commitment to gender and social justice.
You will have good financial, contract and project management skill with the ability to plan ahead and problem solve. You will be an intelligent communicator, with the ability to engage and manage large teams.
Your key to success in this role will be your ability to work in a changing environment, accept new challenges, identify opportunities and build a positive, collaborative team culture.
Lead the operations of this unique gender and social justice organisation empowering Muslim women in Australia call Emma Adams on 03 83194090 or please click apply, submitting a cover letter and resume in MS Word format quoting reference #34293.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.