|Organisation Name||Project Youth|
|Date Posted||October 8, 2018|
- Award winning organisation supporting vulnerable young people experiencing disadvantage
- Provide inspirational leadership to a passionate team of 35 staff and engaged board
- Play a key role in connecting stakeholders with Project Youth’s brand and mission
Project Youth is a leading organisation providing integrated housing, outreach, employment, education and training services to young vulnerable people in the Sutherland Shire and St George regions of Sydney.
Project Youth supports young people experiencing unemployment, homelessness, domestic violence and/or alcohol and drug issues. The organisation is widely recognised for the unique support they offer which promotes inclusion, builds resilience and creates opportunities out of disadvantage towards a secure future.
Due to their success Project Youth now employs a team of 35 staff. Its flagship projects include accommodation and support, early intervention, youth centres and events and social enterprises.
Culture & Benefits
- Generous salary packaging benefits available
- Flexible hours, agreed paid study leave, paid parental leave
- Fully maintained company vehicle
Reporting to the board your role as CEO will be to shape the future of Project Youth’s strategic challenges in a quickly changing world. You will build upon 25 years of successful service delivery whilst identifying opportunities for growth. The key areas of responsibility will be:
- Providing vision, inspiration and leadership to a passionate team
- Delivering a highly accountable strategic plan
- Representing organisational needs and priorities to key stakeholders
- Collaborating with peer agencies and demonstrating sector leadership
- Diversifying income focusing on opportunities to developing social enterprises and initiatives.
- Ensuring strong financial performance and high quality governance
You are a visionary senior executive looking for your first time CEO role or an existing CEO with the passion to lead this celebrated organisation to the next stage of its development. You have a relevant tertiary qualification and a track record in leading teams to deliver highly targeted programs in a like-minded organisation ideally in youth services, primary health, homelessness and/or employment.
Additionally, your experience includes:
- Team leadership to drive organisational capability and change
- Vision, with the ability to translate it into a strategy that’s deliverable and accountable
- Politically savvy, with awareness of policy change/reforms in the sector
- Credibility, with the confidence to engage and deepen stakeholder relationships
- Strong understanding of government funders, funding and for profit funding models
- Commercial acumen in understanding and managing to a profit and loss.
- Compliance checking will include Police Clearance and Working with Children (WWCC).
If you’re passionate about shaping the future of Project Youth and supporting some of Sydney’s most vulnerable young people, please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter in MS Word format. Alternatively, call Richard Green or Lisa Morell on 02 8243 0570 to discuss, quoting # 34592.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.