|Organisation Name||Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare Inc|
|Date Posted||July 13, 2018|
- Leading peak body representing children youth and families
- Use your skills to identify strategic business opportunities for a leading peak body
- Would suit candidates with peak body, RTO or education experience
The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare (The Centre) is the peak body for children, youth and families in Victoria representing over 150 community service organisations, students and individuals throughout Victoria. The Centre works across services from prevention and early intervention to the provision of out-of-home care and advocates for children and young people to be heard, to be safe and to access education.
This strategic role is responsible for identifying opportunities to pro-actively promote the work of the Centre across all its services, including training and L&D, annual events and forums, policy and research. You will be responsible for identifying industry needs, building and maintaining relationships, and promoting the organisation’s products and services across the sector. This position plays a pivotal role in the delivery of quality services to Victoria’s leading Children’s welfare organisations.
Ideally you are in a similar customer service focused or business development position in a comparable organisation preferably from the community services sector and have exceptional engagement and interpersonal skills. You will be comfortable developing a vision and working to attain this, meeting revenue targets and managing external relationships and expectations.
Ideally you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to identify immediate, medium-term and long-term business opportunities
- Ability to establish new relationships and pursue business opportunities
- Experience in intelligence gathering and networking across a broad range of stakeholders
- A proven track record in business development, and promotion of services
- Capability in developing tender response submissions and negotiations
- Understanding of the community services and not-for-profit sector
- Energy, drive and initiative alongside excellent interpersonal skills
- Meeting or exceeding targets relating to revenue, profit margin, customer acquisition and retention
Benefits & Culture
- Salary packaging available
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
- Training and development opportunities
If you would like to use your client engagement skills and RTO/sector knowledge to contribute to better outcomes for families in Victoria, please forward your application in MS Word format including your resume, a covering letter and responses to the skills required, quoting reference #34370 or contact Anna Skeels on (03) 8319 4070. Please note that there is no formal closing date for this role. Early applications are encouraged and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for interview as applications are received.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.