|Location||Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire|
|Date Posted||May 16, 2018|
|Close Date||There is no formal close date, please apply as soon as possible.|
|Residency||You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role.|
- Ensure service delivery across accommodation, respite and hubs
- Candidates from complex community services organisations welcomed
- Build relationships and generate community networks across southern Sydney
Civic has provided services to people with intellectual disability and/or mental health conditions and are currently celebrating their 60 year anniversary. Founded in the 1950s by a group of parents caring for their children with disability in the Sutherland Shire, the organisation now provides whole-of-life services in many NSW locations, while remaining true to the values that inspired its creation.
Staff provide Person Centred Active Support (PCAS) to enable individuals to reach their full potential, achieve their goals and participate in the community. Today, more than 500 people in Sydney and regional areas receive vital services from Civic.
Currently experiencing organisational growth, Civic is looking for an Area Manager to lead and grow their teams and region as a whole.
- Salary packaging available
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
- Recent service and program expansion
- Training and development opportunities
You will ensure Civic’s strategic objectives are implemented through the delivery of programs in your region. Providing leadership, supervision and support to front line team leaders, you will safeguard program delivery in accordance with the practice framework. Overall your responsibilities will include:
- Building relationships with advocacy groups, service providers, community groups and relevant agencies
- Advising and assisting with the setting up of new homes and services across the region
- Ensuring your teams enable clients to have access to relevant programs, homes and services
- Managing, coaching and mentoring front line team leaders
- Delivering to organisational reporting and budget responsibilities
You are a successful people manager with an in-depth understanding of working within complex communities. Your skills have been developed from a career in either disability, social work or other community services driven organisation or institution such as emergency services, community housing, nursing, police or the defence forces.
Overall you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Managing multi-site teams with a focus on service delivery
- Successfully implementing strategic, operational and continuous improvement plans
- An understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements
- Encouraging professional growth and career development of leaders and team members
- Awareness of the impact of operational and financial opportunities
You must hold a current Australian driver’s license and have access to a fully comprehensively insured vehicle.
If you’re committed to providing quality services and realise that every moment has potential for contribution and success, please contact Debbie Jardine on 02 8243 0570 or submit a cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #34304.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.