|Organisation Name||The Australian Education Union (AEU)|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2018|
- Leading union voice in campaigning for quality public education
- Provide high level support in areas of campaigning and governance
- Excellent package & benefits; Southbank location
The Australian Education Union (AEU) is the federal union for teachers, principals, support staff and all educators working in public education. The AEU is proud to represent workers who have one of the most important jobs in the country. With over 185,000 members nationally, the AEU provides support both industrially and professionally and advocates for quality public education for all Australians.
Benefits and culture
- Five weeks annual leave
- Additional end of year leave provision
- 15.5% superannuation and leave loading
- Collegiate and engaging team environment
In your role as Administrative Officer, you will provide high-level support to the Federal Professional Officers in assisting them to carry out the responsibilities of their role. In doing so, you will ensure that integrity and professionalism is maintained at all times. Key responsibilities of the role will include;
- Preparation and planning for TAFE Council & Executive meetings and conferences
- Preparation and distribution of agendas, minute taking and coordinating follow up action items
- Coordinating travel and diary management
- Maintaining campaign databases, social media and websites
- Liaising with print agencies and graphic designers in relations to campaigns
- Assisting with AEU the publication of TAFE Teacher; including maintenance of mailing lists
- Preparation of reports and briefing notes including researching and sourcing information
To be successful for this position, you will have either worked a Senior Administrator/Personal Assistant supporting multiple people. You have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. Together with your superior organisational skills, you can manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a demanding environment. You are highly skilled at anticipating the needs of those you are supporting and have excellent attention to detail. Candidates with previous experience working within a union or similar social change campaigning style organisation will be highly regarded.
If you are committed to unionism and quality public education in Australia, then please click apply, submitting your resume and covering letter quoting #34492 or phone Emma Naglieri on 03 8319 4080 for further information.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.