|Organisation Name||The Australian Council of Social Service (ACOSS)|
|Date Posted||September 17, 2018|
- Work towards a more equal Australia which is free of poverty
- Support Australia’s foremost high-profile CEO in the social services sector
- Will suit experienced, energetic EA with a strong sense of social justice
The Australian Council of Social Service (ACOSS) is a national advocate for action to reduce poverty and inequality and the member driven national peak body for the community services sector. ACOSS’s vision is for a fair, inclusive and sustainable Australia where all individuals and communities can participate in and benefit from social and economic life.
ACOSS acts as an independent, non-party political voice, leading and supporting initiatives within the community services and welfare sector. ACOSS also develops and promotes socially and economically responsible public policy and action by government, community and business.
ACOSS revenue comes from a combination of government funding, membership fees, partnerships and donations.
Benefits & Culture
- Generous remuneration
- Collaborative team culture
- Regular engagement with diverse stakeholders
With responsibility for the overall operation of the Executive Office, you will provide high level strategic, administrative and operational support to the CEO, the ACOSS Board and the executive management team. Additionally you will:
- Act as the principal contact point for the CEO with key external stakeholders
- Provide the executive support function to the board and its subcommittees
- Coordinate meetings, travel and diary management
- Play a key role in developing systems to support the smooth operation of ACOSS
Ideally you have several years of experience supporting senior management and hopefully a board, in a fast paced complex environment, within a peak body, member driven or not for profit organisation. You are able to manage conflicting priorities, using judgement to facilitate complex situations with tact and discretion. Additionally you will have the ability to:
- Work proactively, assertively and to tight time frames
- Cultivate productive, professional working relationships
- Organise, prioritise, develop systems and have a passion for planning
- Effectively use a CRM database, social networking and MS Office suite
If contributing to the reduction of poverty and inequality in Australia is of interest to you please click apply to submit a resume and cover letter addressing the skills required in MS Word format quoting reference # 34558, or to discuss your interest please call Annie Barker on (02) 8243 0570.
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.