|Organisation Name||Volunteering and Contact ACT (VCA)|
|Date Posted||October 9, 2018|
- Empower individuals & organisations to support their local community
- A senior management role focusing on program delivery and membership services
- Be part of a growing collaborative team and national network
Volunteering and Contact ACT (VCA) is the peak body for volunteering and community information services in the Canberra Region. As part of a national network driving and influencing policy and advocating for members and stakeholders VCA is seen as the active link between people, organisations and government. It’s integral in delivering programs and training that empowers individuals to support and care for their local community.
VCA is the result of the merger in 2014 of Volunteering ACT and CONTACT Canberra Community Information (formerly the Citizens Advice Bureau ACT). Founded by forward-thinking volunteers the combined entity has a combined total of over 60 years’ experience of service delivery in the Canberra region. With over 170 active members ranging from larger national NFP’s to local individuals and everything in between VCA offers a wide range of volunteering and community information programs, events and training.
Benefits & Culture
- Work life balance
- Based in Canberra CBD
- Generous volunteering leave
- 4 weeks leave plus Christmas shutdown
Reporting to the deputy CEO, this key leadership position is responsible for program management, delivery of member services, volunteer recruitment and representing VCA at events, industry expos and meetings as required. You will also manage a team of program and service co-ordinators and volunteers, providing diverse services to the community and members.
Specifically you will;
- Create and implement a membership strategy including identifying and recruiting new members
- Deliver high quality member services, offering accurate advice and support
- Produce relevant, accurate and timely program reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Nurture professional relationships, including collaboration with members and key stakeholders
- Provide leadership to the team including providing direction and monitoring performance
- Ensure service delivery meets the conditions of grant funding and other agreements and contracts
- Identify, research and recommend new service or products within operational and strategic plans
The successful candidate will have team leadership and management experience ideally within an membership based program delivery organisation or like-minded corporate or government department. You’ll be knowledgeable around funding and service agreements including having had exposure to program reporting.
You have high-level communication, advocacy and stakeholder management experience as well as being skilled in reflective practice combined with the ability to empower a team to use it in their work.
If you’re passionate about volunteering and enabling people to connect with and support their local community, then please click apply to submit your cv and cover letter responding to the skills required, or phone Anna Skeels on 03 8319 4070 quoting #34582
Please be advised you can upload two attachments, including your resume and covering letter when submitting your application.